Do you love to write? If so, this contest is for you!
Each year, Bay College and other Michigan community colleges participate in the Liberal Arts Network for Development (LAND) Writing Competition. Any current Bay College student may submit up to three entries in each of three categories: fiction, poetry, and essay. The submission deadline for all entries is November 23.
A first prize of $50 and a second prize of $25 will be awarded for each category at the local level. The top two entries in each category will advance to the state competition, where cash prizes will be awarded for each category.
All entries must be submitted digitally (no paper submissions) by a sponsoring Bay College faculty member (students cannot submit entries directly).
- Short fiction and essays must be fewer than 2,000 words in length; poems must be 50 lines or fewer.
- No previously published work may be submitted.
- Work must be original. Any borrowed ideas or language must be appropriately acknowledged.
- Authors must be willing to have their work published under their own names.
- No anonymous or pseudonymous work will be accepted.
In addition to the LAND competition, all submissions will be considered for publication in Serendipity, our Bay College publication.
Please email entries or questions to Jennifer McCann: email@example.com.