Students have the right to ask:
What the deadlines are for submitting applications.
- How the cost of attendance is determined. The process includes how costs for tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, personal and miscellaneous expenses, etc. are considered in a budget.
- What criteria are used to select financial aid recipients. This includes what resources (such as family contribution, other financial aid, your assets, etc.) are considered when calculating financial need.
What financial assistance is available, including information on federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs.
For an explanation of the various funds in their financial aid package. What portion of the aid received must be repaid and what portion is grant aid.
What the policies are for students who withdraw.
How academic progress is determined and what happens if they are not making progress.
- If you want to allow a third party (parent, spouse, etc) to receive confidential financial aid information FERPA Release forms are available.
It is the financial aid recipient's responsibility to:
- Review and consider information about Bay de Noc Community College's programs before enrolling.
- Complete a financial aid application accurately and on time. Intentional misreporting on the application forms for federal financial aid is a violation of law and is considered a criminal offense subject to penalties under U.S. Criminal code.
- Submit all additional documentation requested, and/or any corrections or new information.
- Read, understand, and keep copies of all forms that you are asked to sign. Accept responsibility for all agreements signed.
- Perform any Federal Work-Study job in a satisfactory manner.
- Know and comply with withdrawal procedures.
- Know and comply with refund procedures.
- Notify the Financial Aid Office of any change in status. Failure to do so could jeopardize future aid eligibility.
- Notify us if an agency is paying your fees; or if you are receiving a scholarship, fellowship, assistantship or traineeship.